Monday 17 May 2010

happy tuesday


Here I was thinking it was just another Tuesday but no I've had two pieces of good news today. Firstly I'm off to Auckland for the Art and Craft Fair, which I'm very very excited about. I think of myself as an indie designer so not all craft fairs are quite right for my work, which is more design than traditional craft... I wish I could knit but I can't, well I can sort of the problem comes when I have to drop a line, how do you knitters do that? Anyway this fair with it's trade show angle just seems like a good fit. I'm going to work my ass off to make sure my stand is really together.
The other wonderful piece of news is that I won a twitter competition for a necklace from Maranon aka Spinthread I've been lusting over her work since etsy showcased her as a featured seller. I was planning on writing a blog piece called all 'I want for my birthday... is this necklace'. Still true by the way if anyone who buys me gifts is reading this, I love every item on her site or is that just too cheeky. Anyway I'm off out to my first 'craft up' sadly I'll only be able to stay ten minute as I had a last minute work dinner invite and who's going to turn down a free meal... not me.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on winning! Her stuff is so rad!

    And no, never turn down a free meal.

    ReplyDelete