- His and Hers or in fact matching with anyone is still a big no-no. You may have christmas spirit but you have not lost (all of) your dignity.
- Leave the flashing christmas tree earrings at home, or even better in the bin.
- Snowflakes are best, seconded by deer. Anything with a smiley face comes last ie. reindeer with smiley face, christmas tree with smiley face, christmas pudding with smiley face.
- You do not want to dress like a christmas pudding.
Now, there are two ways you can wear your christmas sweater effectively (although the second one is questionable):
Example 1. Michelle Williams
2. Snow bunny. It doesn't matter if it's not snowing just channel some Scandinavian vibes. This look is best pulled off with a longer knitted dress. Wear tights (or don't if you dare) and pixie boots, or elk fur boots and maybe an elk fur hat or ear muffs (not recommended for southern hemisphere). Wear some blush to give you that wind burn, cold air glow. Goggles are a nice touch. Look streamlined and sexy like a Bond girl, or better, a Bond villain.
Example 2. D&G winter 10-11
If you don't have anything suitably festive lurking in your cupboard I've found a couple of workable ones for you.
Because it is the season of good will I'm going to end this post by saying that if you still have an overwhelming desire to make like Mark Darcy and wear something totally absurd, you may. Just make some mince pies too.
Fashion Friday by Evie Kemp