Friday 20 January 2012

too long...

I haven't blogged for months. I lost heart a little or rather a lot with this blog. It started as a travel blog after I left England to document my adventures in America. Then I landed in New Zealand and it became about another journey; the set up of a business and a means to find my way in becoming my own boss. 2011 was the best of times and the worse and I found myself at a lost as to what to write. 2011 was a huge year for my personal life. I won't bore you with the details but it ended well with me moving in with my boyfriend and his his young pup. We now live a very happy existence in a little grey villa in Dunedin in the South Island.


2011 wasn't the most creative of years although I did work on a few private commission pieces and when The All Blacks won the world cup I couldn't resist doing a Rugby dishes tea towel.

2012 is the year I get my work back on track. I have so many half design projects which will be getting finished. Plus other plans in the offing, which are already keeping me out of trouble. I'm also in the middle of moving into a new studio it's taking a huge effort to get it ready but I am planning to move 'Dear Colleen' in this weekend. Here is a sneak peek of the signage I painted on the back wall today. Sorry for this rather dry post. I'll try and blog a little more often and with a little more finesse from now on.


Dear Colleen Studio wall signage from Scott Savage on Vimeo.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent video! I am excited about your return to blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one’s own country as a foreign land.
    Flights to Lagos

    ReplyDelete