This time of year is always full of blog posts expressing goals for the year ahead. I have enjoyed reading many of them and can see the benefit to sharing a list publicly. Some how that adds accountability. I'm way to GenX to go all out with life goals, I'm much happier seeing where a mix of good luck and working hard can take me. However I though I would create a list of things that would be *rad to do at some point in the near future.
1. Bring back the word 'rad', maybe accompany it with 'dude'. I've already started to accomplish this see above. If you feel like doing me a favor slip it into a sentence this week. For example: take sip of coffee look up and smile at barrister "thanks dude this coffee is rad". Don't worry if it's a woman, women love being called dude. Fact.
|Rad Tee by jacvanek.com|
2. Try to mostly create cool shit. This is always an aim but in this case I mean it across the board. I want to make my social media, blog, notes to customers, interesting, funny or educational where ever possible. It's very easy as a small business to be overly wrapped up in my own work and this can result in me spamming followers who have been good enough to surport me. I would really hate to think people are rolling their eyes at my twitter stream "not a link to that damn lemons print again!".
3. Fix wholesale. My business for a few simple reasons just doesn't work for wholesale (selling to bricks and mortar shops). I hate letting good people down and I waste more time than I would like feeling stressed and upset about it. I want to sell in shops, particularly the lovely shops that let me stock with them but I need to find a way of making it work or I need to except defeat.
4. Teach. What feels like a life time ago I used to be a graphic design lecturer. I loved it, it was the best job I have ever had. I really would love to do some lecturing work again. Although I'm not really doing anything about it, just kind of blindly hoping the universe will drop an opportunity in my lap. Come on universe do your stuff.
5. Design and paint a wall mural other than for myself. Please someone let me loose in your cafe or shop.
6. Finally and most importantly visit my family and friends in the UK. As soon as I possibly can.
I hope I can achieve at least a handful of these and hopefully some extra ones. If getting pretty sick at the end of last year has taught me anything, it's that plans are fairly useless. So mostly I hope for good health and happiness for myself and for all of you.