Thursday 23 June 2011

The Humble Tee

Fashion Friday by Evie Kemp
This post is dedicated to the t-shirt in all it's forms. When thinking about clothes (something I do often) my mind often skims over the t-shirt, a mistake for sure. The humble tee should never be underestimated. Sure, for many it's a staple but in equal parts it has the potential to be a statement.
As varied as the design or print of a tee are the styles, shapes and way of wearing. I'll admit now I'm a bit of a more recent convert to the way of the tee as previously I was scared of how I would work one with my uniform of flippy skirts. I have now seen the light, that an awesome t-shirt can be worn with almost anything and done right can really add something to an outfit by giving me that "oh, this? I just threw this on this morning" cool that I'd possibly (probably) been lacking.
With t-shirts, any stigma regarding size and even gender go out of the window. Buy what ever size you like and style it your way. Walk in to the guy's section and try them on, chances are it will look better on you anyway. Can you sense my new found liberation?
Possibly the best thing about them is that they're like fashion Pokemon (though I actually know quite a fashionable pikachu…another story) in that you can collect a set, find exclusive, unique and hard to find ones. You can buy them online and they will almost definitely fit.
I'm smitten and starting to sound a bit like an infomercial so I'll stop here. Feel free to share your favourite t-shirts in the comments below or tell me I'm wrong and that they should be reserved for gym-only, if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment