Friday 26 March 2010

desk for success : )

Ok not much to say about this post I'll let the photo's do the talking but I've gone and done it, I'm now the proud owner of this 1940 desk. I set out to buy another second hand 1960 mad men style desk, but as soon as I saw this baby it was love at first sight. He's a fixer upper. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with him yet maybe have him sprayed white or just sand him back. The top needs recovering I'm thinking tan leather and I'm going to change the handles for those lovely silver cup cabinet ones as that would be in keeping with the 40's feel. It was the small set of rack drawers that really did it for me, perfect for keeping my prints in. It also only cost $40 that's about £18. I don't know how I'm going to get him back to England with me but there is no way I'm leaving him behind. I also bought this 1970 office chair, it smells of smokers and damp but I'm getting it recovered, which should hopefully fix that problem. I've shocked myself by choosing this pink Designer Guild fabric called central park. I never choose pink.

1 comment: