Sunday 7 March 2010

craft 2.0

I went to a craft fair on Saturday and it wasn’t at all like the ones I remembered form my childhood, no potpourri in sight. It was my first visit to Wellingtons New Dowse Gallery and I’m hoping it won’t be my last as it’s a really good contemporary space.


Craft 2.0 is a very modern affair, you win your place by making modern, witty and stylish work, only the best get a place. I though I would share some of my favourite finds.

The little grey guy hiding behind his pews is by
minu, who also had some gorgeous illustrated prints. The cake stands are by Susan Wilson who sadly has no web address (yet) but I have her email if anyone is keen to find out more. She’ll make custom stands from plates of your own choosing. The sweet little fabric doll and bunny are by stitchpixie, I know two little girls who would love a rag doll each and finally the wooden key necklace is Super Very a label I’ve seen a lot of since I’ve been in Wellington and I've just read that Sue Tyler of Super Very set Craft 2.0 up. I'm impressed.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed Craft2.0
    maybe one day we will see you selling :D

    ReplyDelete